Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A week in review

I cant believe I survived yet another crazy week at school. It is finally Week 3 and I cant wait for a 'shorter' week since there is going to be 3 days of camp. It will be good to start catching up on lessons preparation and hopefully, having more time to do my own things.

On the scrap front....


I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw how many people pinned my tray. I have to thank Sasha Farina for first believing in my work and placing it on Pinterest as well as Christine Middlecamp for her kind words when I sent her pictures of this tray through email. It is indeed more blessed to give than to receive. I am so glad that my parents love the tray and it stands nicely among all the antiques that are hung up on the wall.

CSI#55 is now open. Pls continue to join us as we celebrate our 1st anniversary together. Be back (at my blog) next week for a special surprise too. This week, we were asked to scraplift an element or a layout based on the first CSI case.

I chose Mistra Hoolahan's layout (Guest DT). She cleverly used swirls around her cluster of flowers and I wanted to use that element for my layout too. I had to dig deep to find my available swirls and I came across some in my Echo Park's collection. Used some gesso for my background, misted  and dripped (favourite technique now) and the rest is history. I am so glad the layout came out exactly how I wanted it to be.


 I simply love this picture of K and B. Such a lovely pair of sisters. It is amazing to see how they are growing and playing together.

Moving on, I had a little spare time after coming back from CCA on Saturday. I wanted to do a layout to give to one of my graduated student. She is simply a student that every teacher dreams of having and since i know i would hardly see her again,I thought giving her a framed layout would be a nice farewell present.



This layout was put together easily, probably the fastest completed layout ever. I had a sketch in my mind, executed it and I love how it turned out. I had CP's storyteller collection for the longest time but somehow everytime I used their products, something just seemed off. I put the collection away and just last night, I decided I should give this collection one more shot and I am so glad I did. A fresh new day, a fresh new perspective. (:

So have a great week ahead...
I will be back to blog more.

1 comment:

Eila Sandberg said...

I always look forward to seeing your creations, they are elegant and pretty and full of beautiful detail. You are a very very talented young lady Miss J!! mwah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...