Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Layout of the Week | Amazed

Hey all, I am back with a promised blog post. Each week, I will feature a layout and I will be sharing more tips and techniques with you. It is probably the best I can do with a tight schedule and I do hope you will stop by and check out the posts.

This week's layout features photos that I captured in Tokyo during the beginnings of the cherry blossom season. It was my first trip to Japan and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The highlight of my trip was definitely seeing these sakuras at the Ueno Park.


The layout uses papers and embellishments from the Crate Paper's Craft Market and Confetti collections.



Do not be afraid to use colours in your layout. The photos lend itself a perfect opportunity to use bolder-coloured embellishments to complement and contrast against the striking white flowers in the photos. 

Try using a more neutral background paper to allow yourself to go 'wild' on embellishing bolder elements in your layout. 


Washi tapes is one of my favourite thing to use. Why? It helps to create interest and easy layers. It is easily to manipulate the tape to any length and size you want, simply by ripping them off to a desired outcome you want. 

For this layout, I used them to create layers below the photos so as to minimise white space on the bottom half of the page. With the layers done, I embellished more elements on top of them to finish the look. 


That's a wrap for this week. I hope you found the tips useful and I hope to see you around.
Have a good weekend ahead! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...