Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Layout of the Week | October 2015

Hey all, I am back with another quick post for today. I managed to find some time over the weekends to scrap more. It's been a very busy term. Finding the time to scrapbook in the midst of everything has proven to be more challenging than I thought.


With that said, this is the completed layout I managed to finish today. I love the new collection from Maggie Holmes' Shine collections.

For this layout, I kept the background to a neutral black and white shade. I cut out some of the rectangulars and backed them with patterned papers. This certainly help made the layout 'pop' out even more. To add on more colours , I used a tiny brush and brushed lightly over areas I wanted to emphasize. Since my layout was centered in the middle, the water colours also helped to draw the eyes back to the focal point of the layout.


Onto the journalling aspects, I was really inspired by the numeric numbers pattered paper in the collection. I cut them up and placed them near the photo. Each number represented aspects of my life that I am thankful for. Often, we scrap about people around us but not about myself per se. I had a good time reflecting. Using stamps and minimal embellishments, I filled the areas around the numbers.



That's it for this week. I will be back shortly with some exciting news to share.
For now, have a good week ahead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...